Overcoming Your Fear in Uncertain Times
Important Note: This free project has ended. See my new class based on my training, research, and experience (including the Thrive group coaching!), Transform Fear Into Action for the next level of my Fear Coaching program.
With the uncertainty that the coronavirus has brought to our lives, the anxiety and fear are palpable. I get it. And I have a solution.
As a High Performance Coach, I help people get unstuck, and especially love working with ADDers. Overcoming fear is one of my specialties: I help clients by guiding them to develop the right mindset and tools. If you’re not there already, then it’s time to transform your life.
I’ve been watching people and companies step up to help in this emergency in a variety of ways. It’s a beautiful thing to behold, and I want to be part of that.
Free Group Coaching
The way I’m helping is to do free group coaching. Thirty(!) people signed up for the first sessions, which ran 3x/week for four weeks. That was a bit too grueling, so for the second batch I’m limiting each group to ten people — but there will be two groups, each meeting once per week.
Again, this is offering for people who feel overwhelmed by their emotions from the impact of COVID-19. The coaching system I use is scientifically designed to help people move forward. Moving forward is just what we need to do — especially right now. Action moves you through fear.
The courage you summon to act on in the face of fear, anxiety, or distress often comes from your self-talk. It’s time to change your self-talk.
- Fear lowers your immunity, weakening your immune system.
- Fear fogs your thinking, leading to poor decisions.
Are you actively pursuing your dreams and goals, or kicking back waiting for life to return to normal? Don’t wait! It’ll be harder to build your momentum when you start again.
I can help you get going.
Explore the direction you have always wanted to go in, and get started. I am waiving my usual coaching fees for these sessions.
How It Works
The coaching program consists of 12 sessions. Your first step is to fill out the intake questionnaire so you have a foundation to work from during our sessions. Even meeting once a week is intense. That intensity will be a great way to get focused and build some tools to get a handle on your emotions so you can weather the storm.
During each call, there will be a discussion on a particular topic with a focus on cutting through the fear you may be experiencing. The sessions will be an hour and a half long, with a link to optional homework you can do to deepen your growth provided before the end.
These coaching sessions are different from regular one-on-one coaching that works on specific issues you may have. This coaching is with a group, and will specifically work on overcoming fear so you can move forward.
I’ll be using Zoom for the calls. Zoom allows you to access via smartphone/tablet app, web app (on a computer), or call in by telephone. I’ll send you the links (and phone numbers) well before the sessions start.
Having two times gives more choice to people with busy schedules.
LIFE’s usual Terms and Conditions apply, except of course there is no charge for this series, and no credit card information will be required to participate.
Space is of course quite limited: I’ll hold the size to no more than 10 people per group.
Comments from the First Group
- “Thank you so much for putting together the sessions for all of us. It was very beneficial for me and is getting me up off my rear to hobble around and begin to accomplish things again.” —M.G.
- “The past four weeks have inspired me to begin finishing all those things that I have been putting aside. So, I can’t stop now. Thank you so very much for your coaching and guidance. You are amazing!” —H.H.
- “Thank you so much for choosing to do this with all of us. I’m glad to be in your boot-camp-first-out-of-the-
shoot group!” —K.I.
- “I think it was very useful to go through the coaching with a group because sharing thoughts, ideas, fears, and self-evaluations helped open me up to new ways of thinking about setting and achieving goals, establishing habits, and finding success markers. It was helpful and meaningful to connect with others in such an honest and open group. Your facilitation and leadership are key to that, so thank you.” —P.W.